- Child abuse and neglect reporting hotline. 1-800-292-9582
- Contact lifeline. Statewide telephone crisis line providing counseling and referral. 302-761-9100. Visit Website
- Domestic violence hotline. 302-762-6110.
- National suicide prevention lifeline. 24 hour toll free line available for anyone in danger of suicide. 1-800-273-8255. Visit Website
- National rape, abuse or incest hotline. 1-800-656-HOPE.
- Runaway hotline 302-762-6373.
Mental Health Resources
- Asperger’s Syndrome. Provides information and education regarding Aspergers Syndrome. Visit Website
- Child & Adolescent Bipolar Foundation. Provides information and support for families raising children and teens with bipolar and other related disorders. Visit Website
- Delaware Children’sDepartment. State department which provides services for children in need of publicly funded services. Visit Website
- Delaware Helpline. Free online service listing government agencies and community resources. Call 211, or text 302-231-1464. Visit Website
- Development and Research Innovations. Develops and establishes innovative, research-driven community programs such as Valley day camp, a therapeutic camp designed for children with emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Mental Health Association. Promotes mental health for residents of Delaware through education, advocacy and support. Lists local support groups. Visit Website
- Mental Help Net. Information on mental health and an online mental health support community. Visit Website
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill in Delaware. Provides support, education and advocacy for those with persistent mental illness. Lists support groups. Visit Website
- National Institute of Mental Health. Information on various mental health disorders as well as current research. Visit Website
Substance Abuse Resources:
- Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health. State department providing services for adults in need of publicly funded services. Visit Website
- Poison Control Center. Quick help when suspicious of poisoning. 1-800-222-1222.Visit Website
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Association. National provider of the latest on the prevention and treatment of mental health and substance abuse issues. Lists local substance abuse and mental health centers. Visit Website
Local Hospital Resources:
- Christiana Care. Inpatient services for adults. 302-428-2961. Visit Website
- MeadowWood Hospital. Partial and inpatient care for adolescents, adults and seniors. 800-289-8336. 24 hour line. 302-328-3330 Main office. Visit Website
- Rockford Center. Inpatient and partial programs for adults, children and adolescents. 302-996-0269. Visit Website
- Alcoholics Anonymous. Support groups for people dealing with addictions. 302-655-5113. Visit Website
- Al Anon. Alateen. Support groups for families of people with addictions. Visit Website
- CHADD. Organization providing support and information for children and adults with AD/HD.Visit Website
- Celebrate Recovery. Christian support groups for people with hurts, hang-ups and habits. Visit Website
- Divorce Care. Support groups for those experiencing divorce. Visit Website
- New Directions. Support group for people with depression and bipolar and for their families and friends. Visit Website
- Sex and Love Addictions Anonymous. Support groups for people dealing with sex and love addiction. Visit Website